[Wien] proper k-points for Nd

Victor Zenou zanov at post.bgu.ac.il
Thu Jan 17 10:04:33 CET 2019

Hi
Here is updated question:

Dear Wien2k users

I'm using wien2k version 17.1 installed on Ubunto 18.04.

I need to calculate the enthalpy of formation of few intermetallic phases
that include Nd. For that element I used RMT=2.7 a.u. and RMT*Kmax=8.5
for spin-polarization
calculations via GGA-PBE. I didn't try spin-orbit coupling. Yet.

The first stage is to choose proper k-points, which will give accurate
results (I used 1x10^-4 Ryd for energy convergence) on one hand, but on the
other hand won't be expensive in terms of computing time.

I noticed that there are large energy fluctuations (1x10^-2 Ryd; which are
2 order of magnitude higher than the energy accuracy (defined by
convergence criterion), even when I went to 15,000 k-points. Here is a list
of energy as function of k-points:

K-points          IBZ      E [Ryd]

 100       8        -77040.4692

 500     38        -77040.4780

1000    81        -77040.5062

2000    120      -77040.5061

3000    208      -77040.4391

4000    244      -77040.4699

5000    280      -77040.4878

7500    455      -77040.4707

10000  540      -77040.4881

15000  840      -77040.4694

I would be happy to get an idea what could have gone wrong.

Best regards, Victor

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 16 בינו׳ 2019 ב-13:59 מאת ‪Victor Zenou‬‏ <‪
zanov at post.bgu.ac.il‬‏>:‬