[Wien] proper k-points for Nd

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 17 22:31:24 CET 2019

RMTs:  Make sure that you choose RMTs, which can be used in all
elemental solids, but the same should also be used in your compound.

Yes, you can use very large RMTs if you follow the recommendations
during init_lapw:
Use HDLOs for f and (as L.Marks mentioned) probably d.
Use lvns=6 (or 8) in case.in1

For a difficult system (and Nd with partially occupied 5f electrons is
definitely a difficult systems), scf convergence can be more difficult.
Thus, as mentioned before, use both -ec and -cc (at least 0.001;
eventually a better cc is difficult to reach. Often you may need MORE
than the default max of 40 scf cycles. So when runsp_lapw stops, make
sure it does not stop beucause of the 40 it limits.
Clearly, your energies with :dis=0.2 are wrong.

For the compound but also the elements, make sure to use "consistent
RKMAX" values.
If you use: Al Ti Nd (2.3,2.5,2.7) and for your compound you use
RKMAX=8, than   Al should be done with RKMAX=8, Ti with RKmax=8*2.5/2.3,
Nd with 8*2.7/2.3