[Wien] Metal or semimetal

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Fri Jan 25 01:53:14 CET 2019

If Ef is near the edge of a band, close to the bandgap then it would be a bad conductor, since the bands would be quite flat (and the velocity of the electrons is proportional to the slope of the band) and the DOS would be low, so I would call it a semimetal

Dear wien2k users:

I have a question that does not have any relation with wien2k but I would be grateful if you can answer me or send me a document:

When the fermi level passes slightly below the top of the valance band with the presence of a wide gap, this indicates a metal or semimetalic behavior.?

Thank you in advance