[Wien] boltztrap patches

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Jul 2 18:28:58 CEST 2019

The patching of WIEN2k 11.1 basically became WIEN2k 19.1.  So, I
recommended installing 19.1.  The changes that have been made to WIEN2k
since that old 11.1 version are described on the updates page [1].

I believe BoltzTraP 1.2.5 has become obsolete.  It also seems to have
limited or no support.  This is based on what I have seen in the
dedicated BoltzTraP mailing list where I have seen answers mainly to
BoltzTraP2 questions [2].

It is recommended to use BoltzTraP2 [3] as I have seen active answering
of questions for it in the Google group mailing list [2].  It does,
however, require Python version 3.5 or higher. Thus, a recent Linux
distribution (such as Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS) is needed to easily install
Python3 with the package manager (e.g. apt).  An alternative to Python
from the package manager is to use Anaconda [4,5].

There is an BoltzTraP2 w2web interface (unsupported by the WIEN2k
developers) that could be installed that another user made [6]. This
should be working for WIEN2k 18.2.  It might also be working for WIEN2k
19.1, but I haven't tired it out myself yet.

[1] http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/boltztrap
[3]
https://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at/forschungsbereich_theoretische_chemie/forschungsgruppen/prof_dr_gkh_madsen_theoretical_materials_chemistry/boltztrap2/