[Wien] Potential bug with initso_lapw in version 18.2

Huseyin Ucar hucar at cpp.edu
Wed Jul 3 04:51:44 CEST 2019

Dear Developers,

I was having similar problems to what is described in the mail below:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07758.html

Basically, when I do initso_lapw, and wanted to use the new structure for SO calculations, the case.in2c file was causing the lapw2 to crash. I did realize that the reason is because the case.in2c file is not taking the GMAX value from case.in2 at all. I had to manually enter it myself into case.in2c after initso_lapw is done. I want to emphasize it again: case.in2c does not have the GMAX at the last row only when you accept the new structure for SO calculations.

The question I would have at this point is: Will I need to manually fix the case.in2c from this point on, or is there a patch I can use to fix this issue once and for all. I also want to add that this particular problem does not occur in the older versions.

Best,
Ucar