[Wien] lapw2c tries to read an anomalous amount of data

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Jul 3 15:02:51 CEST 2019

FYI, you might want to try falling back on the previously mentioned
2017.2.174.

If you do update to a newer version, the 2019 update 3 (and perhaps 2018
versions) have a serious memory leak issue:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18404.html

Intel implemented a fix for that in the 2019 update 4 that you might
want to try. However, it seems that the fix hasn't been confirmed if it
working as mentioned in the Intel forum here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1930019

Also, if you use 2019 update 4 and have any issues with mpirun (or
mpiexec.hydra), you might need to configure it to use the old legacy
version of it, refer to:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-clusters-and-hpc-technology/topic/812229