[Wien] Potential bug with initso_lapw in version 18.2

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 3 22:59:35 CEST 2019

After some additional info I can verify the problem.

It happens in cases WITH inversion symmetry, when you run init_so
several times and the number of equivalent atoms has been changed by a

The problem is in the init_so script, which does not update the original
case.in2 file, because there is a previous mv instead of a cp command.

You can find in init_so_lapw (wien2k_19) or in initso_lapw (version 18)

      if(! -e $file.in2c_so &&  -e $file.in2_so && ! -z $file.in2c_so
&& ! -z $file.in2_so ) mv $file.in2_so $file.in2c
      if(! -e $file.in2c_so &&  -e $file.in2_so && ! -z $file.in2c_so
&& ! -z $file.in2_so ) mv $file.in2_so $file.in2

In the first line above, the "mv" should be a "cp" (copy instead of
move), otherwise case.in2 cannot be updated anymore in the next line and
the next init_so produces a wrong in2c file.

Regards and thanks for the report