[Wien] Query regarding running less cpu core than available in the machine

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:06:37 CEST 2019

Dear wien2k users,

                             I have installed wien2k in a system having
Ubuntu. If I set OMP_NUM_THREAD = 2/3/4, it is taking all the available 24
cores. Whereas if I set OMP_NUM_THREAD = 1 it is taking only 1 cpu per
calculation. My query is how can I use more than 1 cpu but less than the
total available cores (say I want to use 20 cores while total available
cores are 24)..

Any response in this regard will be helpful for us.

with regards,

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Project Employee