[Wien] lapw2c tries to read an anomalous amount of data

Luc Fruchter luc.fruchter at u-psud.fr
Wed Jul 17 12:59:44 CEST 2019

The Intel 2017/2 version of the compiler did not help.

To fix the ideas, lapw2c has read ~ 800 GiB during 13 hours, which makes
at 20 MB/s, 11 hours spent reading disk.

The lapw2c routine will finally end, without any error, after it has
read Tbites of data from the disk. We could not detect any log messages
specific to this part of computation, including nfs messages.

We will try a linux version fully compatible with Intel compiler, to see
if this improves.