[Wien] gfortran compilation and run problems for 19.1

Mikhail Nestoklon nestoklon at mail.ru
Wed Jun 26 08:32:14 CEST 2019

No, it understands the intention of the person who wrote the code but this is an error.

@ gfortran 7.4.0
if(a == b) then
1
Error: Logicals at (1) must be compared with .eqv. instead of ==
gfort_test.f:15:9:
if(a .eq. b) then
1
Error: Logicals at (1) must be compared with .eqv. instead of .eq.

As far as I remember,some time ago to make the fortran code which compiles with ifort compile with gfortran the good starting point was to switch on all flags which control the strict use of the standard, unfortunately I have no access to ifort  right now and can not check the proper combination, probably it was just "-std90".
By default, ifort compiles the non-standard code it is able to understand while the  default gfortran behavior is to treat it as an error. This particular case is far beyond the standard, so I do not know if it is even possible to force gfortran to compile this code.

Sincerely,
Mikhail

Mikhail Nestoklon