[Wien] Reg: Error in running of wannier90 with AFM+SOC+U

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Mar 26 11:34:32 CET 2019

See the documentation at the two links:

https://github.com/wien2wannier/wien2wannier/wiki/wien2wannier-with-SOC

http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/wien2wannier_userguide.pdf
(page 5 of section "2.1 w2w — compute overlaps")

 From that documentation, it looks like you may need to use "x wannier90
-so" instead of "x wannier90 -up -so".

Below, you have:

(x) w2w -up -so -p -> Believe this creates case.amnup
(x) w2w -dn -so -p -> Believe this creates case.amndn

(x) wannier90 -so -> Believe this combines case.amnup and case.amndn
into case.amn

(x) wannier90 -up -so -> Perhaps the -up here tells the program to only
use case.amnup giving the "not the right number of Wannier functions"
since it would be missing the data from case.amndn.