[Wien] slurm mpi

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 7 08:14:37 CEST 2019

When setting USE_REMOTE=0 it means, that you do not use "ssh" in
k-parallel mode.
This has the following consequences:
What you write for "hostname" in .machines is not important, only the
number of lines counts. And it will span as many k-parallel jobs as you
have lines (1:hostname), but they all will run ONLY on the "masternode",
i.e. you can use only ONE node within your slurm job.

When you use mpi-parallel (with MPI_REMOTE=0 AND MPIRUN command is the
"srun ..." command), it will use a srun command to span the mpi job, not
the usual mpirun command. In this case, however, "hostname" must be the
real name of the nodes where you want to run. The slurm-script as to
find out the node-names and insert them properly.