[Wien] Fortran compiling errors to MAIN program

Luc Fruchter luc.fruchter at u-psud.fr
Tue May 14 12:35:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

I tried to compile the new version 18.2 to update my old 17 one, and I
encountered two errors (I use latest Intel fortran compiler from
Parallel Studio):

- In SRC_mixer: for main.c: undefined reference to 'MAIN__'

and then multiple 'undefined reference'

- In SRC_nmr: the same errors.

Intel indicates that:

"Resolution

If you are compiling sources separately to be linked later, add the -c
option to the ifort command to tell the ifort driver not to invoke the
linker.

If you are building a mixed-language application whose main program is
not written in Fortran, use the

     -nofor-main "

(https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/error-undefined-reference-to-main)

This problem did not happen during the compilation of the older
versions. Should one now use these options ?

Thanks