[Wien] Problem in structure optimization

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu May 16 03:41:58 CEST 2019

 From the WIEN2k usersguide [1] and previous posts in the mailing list
[2,3], I glean that xcpot3 is the exchange-correlation potential in the
interstitial region [4].

IFFT likely refers to the upper limit of the summation [5] of a fast
Fourier transform (fft) [6,7].  So by increasing the IFFTx,y,z values in
the x, y, or z direction or the multiplicative enhancement factor, I
think you can expect that the fft error reduces for the
exchange-correlation potential but at the cost of a slow calculation due
to the increase in the number of fft summation terms.

[1] http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf

[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07410.html
[3]