[Wien] System configuration

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri May 24 14:14:35 CEST 2019

For WIEN2k 18.2 to disable parallel after siteconfig has been ran once,
you can try:

./siteconfig
P Configure Parallel Execution
Shared Memory Architecture? (y/N) y
Enter N / your_specific_command: N
Do you ... intend to run finegrained parallel? ... (y/N) N

To change parallel settings after siteconfig has been ran once with
parallel enabled (with y to finegrained parallel):

./siteconfig
O Compiling Options
PO Parallel Options

To run siteconfig to get the install prompts like for the first time,
remove the WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE file in your WIEN2k install folder [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18104.html
].

If you prefer to edit the siteconfig files in a text editor (after
siteconfig has been ran once) before running siteconfig again, there are
the files:

WIEN2k_SYSTEM
WIEN2k_OPTIONS
WIEN2k_COMPILER
WIEN2k_MPI
parallel_options

When I have to reinstall, install on other system with the same
settings, or move to newer WIEN2k, I have found it convenient to keep
the above files around.  As long as there wasn't any changes between
WIEN2k versions that affected those files, I could use the files.  In
particular the WIEN2k_OPTIONS file, where after siteconfig had been ran
once, I replaced WIEN2k_OPTIONS (made with a set of working settings
[1]) in my WIENROOT directory, then did for example:

./siteconfig
O Compiling Options (to load the WIEN2k_OPTIONS)
S Save and Quit (to save the WIEN2k_OPTIONS and have siteconfig
automatically updated the Makefiles)
R Compile/Recompile
A Compile all programs

[1]