[Wien] Error bar and systematic and statistical error

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 18:58:16 CET 2019

A guess. Look at older literature where people have compared LDA, PBE and
other functionals for the band structure of well known materials (e.g.
silicon). Compare the difference to experiment for these. Then do the same
(e.g. LDA, PBE) for your system to get an idea. This is an experimental
approach (i.e., similar to what any good experimentalist does when
calibrating an instrument).

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University