[Wien] Beween non spin polarized and spin polarized calculations

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 8 11:09:08 CET 2019

Hello,

That means that FCC NM is more stable than FCC FM. Besides, from my own calculations

PBE gives basically the same total energy for NM and FM when FCC structure is used,

while PBEsol should give NM as more stable. I optimized the lattice constant separately

for the NM and FM calculations, and the lattice constant is smaller in the NM phase.

How to proceed depends on the goal of your study.

F. Tran