[Wien] Interplane distance optimization for graphite

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 12 17:48:00 CET 2019

Hi,

The gradient between the planes becomes larger and larger when the C axis increases, see lower panel of Fig. 13 in

https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.80.195109

This favors larger equilibrium C when a GGA is used (larger gradient means more negative xc-energy) compared to using LDA.

This is just by luck that LDA is not bad for graphite.

F. Tran