[Wien] About EFG

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Fri Nov 15 12:20:24 CET 2019

:EFG, definitely. That is the physical property. The :VZZ label gives a quantity that is only part of the mathematical construction that leads to :EFG.

Stefaan

From: Wien <wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> On Behalf Of Ashwani Kumar
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2019 12:19 PM
To: wien <wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject: Re: [Wien] About EFG

Thank you Dr. Cottenier for the reply. i request you to further enlighten my understanding.
I work in TDPAC Spectroscopy which gives HFI parameter from where EFG can be obtained. Now this EFG is given as : (4I*(2I-1)h-bar)*Wq/(eQ) =Vzz.
Should i look for the EFG from ":EFG " label or from ":Vzz" label to compliment the EFG value obtained from TDPAC spectroscopy.

Thanks,
A. Kumar