[Wien] Beween non spin polarized and spin polarized calculations

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 22 07:59:53 CET 2019

Please: Do all the examples from our wien2k-workshop (from
www.wien2k.at) first !  Learn how to run WIEN2k properly on small examples.

I guess you do all wrong. A wrong command (even one soingle letter) can
spoil the calculations.

a) If your compound is metallic, it is very doubtful that a hybrid
calculation is good. Hybrid-DFT is not good for metals.

b) runsp_lapw -hf -ec -f 1 0.0001 -cc 0.001 -NI

This command has several errors. What should that be:
-ec -f 1 0.0001    ????
And I doubt that a non-parallel (without -p) calculation runs
meaningfully for 200 cycles with -hf. This would run VERY long, unless
your k-mesh is very small.

c) You said you did geometry optimization "successfully" ! ?

did you use    runsp -min -fc 1 ...     for this purpose ???

Did you check that the forces were small at the end in your case.scf
file ???