[Wien] Beween non spin polarized and spin polarized calculations

djamel slamnia djamel4009 at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 22 11:52:01 CET 2019

 the chemical composition are Cu2MnZrSe4    Cu2MnZrS4
    Le vendredi 22 novembre 2019 à 09:33:40 UTC+1, Xavier Rocquefelte <xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr> a écrit :

OK so you have transition metal elements surrounded by ligands (S, Se) ...

For copper, it depends if its oxidation state is +2 or +1, leading to 10 and 9 electrons in the Cu-3d states, respectively.

For Manganese you have to use DFT+U or DFT+onsite hybrid functional or full hybrid if not metallic.

For zirconium, you should have no difficulties.

I cannot say more  without the chemical composition ...