[Wien] Beween non spin polarized and spin polarized calculations

djamel slamnia djamel4009 at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 22 15:01:17 CET 2019

 thanks for every things i would like to use PBE0 on-site hybrid can you explain it to me please step by step and i will be gratful

    Le vendredi 22 novembre 2019 à 14:50:45 UTC+1, Xavier Rocquefelte <xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr> a écrit :

I am working on similar compounds but not with Mn.

I would recommend to use PBE+U or PBE0 on-site hybrid.

In the first case (PBE+U) you must define an appropriate value for Ueff of Mn-3d states.

In the second case, use alpha = 0.25 for only M-3d states.

It should be a not to bad approximation. However, it can be tricky because of the metallic nature of the system.

Thus, the best would be to have experimental data to compare.

Regards

 Xavier