[Wien] How to make our package referenced in the articles?

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Nov 24 01:24:36 CET 2019

To cite that, they should follow the style guide for the journal they
are submitting to.

Take the "Computer Physics Communications" journal for example, you
should be able to go to

https://www.elsevier.com/journals/computer-physics-communications/0010-4655/guide-for-authors

Then, on the webpage there should be a "References" link you can click
on that describes how the author should handle reference citations.

Another example is for IEEE journals, there should be an IEEE Reference
Guide pdf of version 11.12.2018 that you can download from the website at:

https://journals.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/your-role-in-article-production/ieee-editorial-style-manual/

The section "P. Websites" should describe how to site a website (or url
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL ]).

If you want to cite using a possibly more professional url (or doi [
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_object_identifier ]), then I would
suggest that you look into using a data repository like IEEE DataPort
and Zenodo mentioned on the two websites:

https://journals.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-journal-article/authoring-tools-and-templates/about-sharing-your-data-and-code/
https://help.github.com/en/github/creating-cloning-and-archiving-repositories/referencing-and-citing-content