[Wien] Spin expectation values

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 25 08:36:02 CET 2019

Obviously, for such a task you need to include spin-orbit coupling.

And then there is the package lapwdm  which can do this.

Usually, it would give you S integrated over the occupied bands of the
BZ. Either you modify the code such that it prints the info also for
each k-point, or you can of course also calculate a single k-point (in
case.klist) and run lapw2 (with TEMP) and lapwdm for this single k-point.

Regards