[Wien] lapw2 crashed error

Pavel Ondračka pavel.ondracka at email.cz
Tue Nov 26 07:14:27 CET 2019

Hi,

I can't comment on the lapw2 error but just a small note about the
.machines file. The four "100:localhost" lines mean that you run the
lapw1, lapw2 and hf parallel over kpoints (in four separate processes).
The "omp_global:4" line means that every Wien2k process will try to use
4 threads. Therefore, the total load during lapw1 and lapw2 will be 16,
leading potentially to large overload and suboptimal speed.
I would suggest to replace the "omp_global:4" with lines "omp_lapw0:4"
and "omp_mixer:4" to just use the OpenMP parallelization in parts of
the Wien2k where there is no parallelization over the kpoints.

Best regards
Pavel