[Wien] SOC Error

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:13:00 CEST 2019

Is there any traceback in the standard output to the terminal or to the
standard output file (if using a queue system)?

In other words a message similar to the "forrtl: severe (24):
end-of-file during read, unit 30" in the post at [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15535.html
].

Still seems like there isn't enough information to tell what the cause
of it is.

Might be from the compiler used to compile WIEN2k.  There were many I/O
issues encountered by users that used the Intel 2016, 2017 and 2018
versions [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17023.html
].

It might also be due to one of the many spin orbit bugs that were found
and fixed since the WIEN2k 17.1 version [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/ ,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19074.html
], but you would need to try the same calculation from the beginning
using the latest WIEN2k version to see if fixes the problem or not.

Another possibility might be that the node ran out of memory due to the
known memory leak [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19050.html
,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18798.html
].

There are other possibilities such as network or disk space issues [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15536.html
].