[Wien] Reg: Error in irrep step in FM case

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Oct 14 15:25:16 CEST 2019

Is that error with WIEN2k 19.1 or with what version is the error
occurring?  There was a degeneracy issue that was fixed that existed in
older versions [1].

When getting that error is the structure symmorphic or non-symmporhic [2]?

There is likely a "rotkv: cannot find (k+K)inv(Ri)" and "All k-vectors"
block in the case.outputirup (and case.outputirdn) file that might be
helpful for troubleshooting that error.

The irrep program has some limitations [3-5].

If I recall correctly, irrep is optional and only needed if you must
have continuous lines in the band structure plot such that case.irrep
can be removed (rm case.irrep) [6].

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19016.html
[2]