[Wien] where is the Number of iterations (:ITE) stored

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 20 08:13:59 CEST 2019

Dear Peter or someone else who has a solution,
where can I find the number of iterations that is printed in the case.scf, for example
:ITE983:983. ITERATION

it seems this number is somewhere stored from previous scf cycles and then used when a calculation is retarted or continued (probably with other parameters)
in some cases this is helpful, in others, e.g.: optimization, it is rather confusing

I like to reset it during optimize, otherwise it will add the numbers up at each new volume (structure) and reaches after a while "unreal" numbers as in the example above.
That is, I like to start always with iteration 1 for each new volume (structure) such that I can see directly how many scf cycles it took for each.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University