[Wien] Error for plotting the band structure of RbPbI3 with SOC

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Sep 21 03:24:20 CEST 2019

Have you read in the mailing list archive about the "not treated with
irrep" message? Example:
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08217.html

Have you tried the latest WIEN2k version (19.1) instead of the old
18.2?  WIEN2k updates page [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/ ] indicates some
changes have been made for spaghetti and irrep:

VERSION_19.1: 17.6.2019

irreppara_lapw: small fix

SRC_spaghetti: bz_lin.f, spag.f (fix for arbitrary degeneracy in
case.irrep, optional read of a "breakfactor" to adapt the breaks in a
non-continuous bandstructure)

Have you read about the possible limitations of irrep with SO? Examples:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg05693.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg14670.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03667.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg04837.html