[Wien] phonon calculation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Apr 6 14:31:33 CEST 2020

As I recall, the steps to install phonopy are at:

https://phonopy.github.io/phonopy/install.html

The steps to run a phonopy WIEN2k calculation are at:

https://phonopy.github.io/phonopy/wien2k.html#wien2k-interface

There are steps for older versions of phonopy in the mailing list
archive that can perhaps be referenced as those instructions might not
have to be change much:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg14063.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg13800.html

Also, as the WIEN2k updates page [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/ ] states: /Version
19.1 is a major update/.  Thus, it is recommended to update from the
WIEN2k 18.2 version you have to 19.1.  The WIEN2k 18.2 and 19.1 also
have many bugs in common, but the fixes that can be found in the mailing
list are only described and given for 19.1 (refer to mailing list links
in the README list at [
https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Patches/tree/master/19.1 ]).