[Wien] Treating 4f states as core

Ali Baghizhadeh ali.baghizhadeh at ua.pt
Thu Apr 9 17:00:23 CEST 2020

Dear Prof. Laurence
Thank you. In the mentioned paper, they treated Yb 4f electrons  as valance while some for HoMnO3 or DyFeO3, treated 4f electrons as core. I do not know what is the best approach?
For most h-LuFeO3 family there is experimentally a weak FM, and there are some ideas on its origin, while the lattice is AFM. For YbFeO3, I did similar calculation like the paper you are quoting, and it is AFM. When I do doping with Sc (4 Sc and 2 Yb ions), it always switches to FM.
Bets regards.
Ali