[Wien] How to determine the exchange splitting in metals ?

Abderrahmane Reggad abde.reggad at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:55:35 CEST 2020

Thanks Dr Gergard or the full explanation

I want to deterine the exchange splitting which allows me to determine the
Stoner parameter value I

If we take the example of Fe, in the paramagnetic state the number of up
and the dn electrons  equal both 4 and the DOS bands for up and Dn spins
are fully symmetrized whereas in the ferromagnetic state  a  double shift
occurs for the Up and Dn bands ( a shift of the Up bands in the left side
and the number of the up electrons becomes 5.1 ( the number of the  d
elctrons is only 4.62 ) and a shift of the Dn bands in the right side and
the number of dn electrons becomes 2.90 ( the number of d electrons is only
2.42 ).

I think that the exchange splitting energy as Pr Peter said is the sum of
the energy shift of the Dn bands in the right side and the energy shift of
the Up bands in the left side.

Is my conclusion correct or not ? and if is it correct how to determine
this exchange splitting ?

Best regards