[Wien] seek assistant for solving a problem in optical calculation for black phosphorus

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 30 11:03:32 CEST 2020

Please compare first the DOS (and a band structure) between WIEN2k and
VASP.  Are they the same ??

If they are the same, a possible explanation could be that in VASP one
can add "local field effects" in the optics calculations. It might be
that this makes the difference. Try to switch them off in VASP to see if
you then can reproduce WIEN2k results.

In any case, I guess you need more than PBE (eg. mBJ) and eventually
even BSE.