[Wien] Wien post from pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 12 14:12:30 CEST 2020

Your message is too big to be accepted.

Anyway, the DGEMM messages seem to be a relict of the mkl you are using,
and most likely is related to the use of too many mpi-cores for such a
small matrix. At least when I continue your Mg2Si calculations (in
k-parallel mode) the :DIS and :ENE are continuous, which means that the
previous results are ok.

Concerning hf, I don't know. Again, running this in sequential (k-point
parallel) mode is no problems and converges quickly.

I suggest that you change your setup to a k-parallel run for such small
systems.

Best regards
Peter Blaha

Dear all,

I have a strange problem with LAPACK. I get an error message with wrong
parameters sent to DGEMM, but still wien2k (19.2) seems to converge the
scf. Is that possible? What could be the "problem"?

I have attached an archive containing the summary of the SCF +
compilation options + SLURM output file. The error message is in the
dayfile.
The same error shows up with Wien2k 18.1.

Actually this case is a test case for testing hybrid calculations as I
have problems with my real case, which is found to be metallic with PBE.
At least Mg2Si is a small band gap semiconductor.

When I go ahead with the HSE06 functional and Mg2Si I get a different
error: segmentation fault during the hf run. As Mg2Si is a small system
I guess this is not a memory problem: the node is 128GB.
Note that the same problem occurs for my real case file, but the LAPACK
problem does not occur.

The second archive contains some files related to the hybrid calculation.

Some hints would be welcome as I am completely lost in these (unrelated)
errors!

Thank you.
Best regards,
Pascal