[Wien] Wien post from pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr (Errors with DGEMM and hybrid calculations)

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:07:00 CEST 2020

Continuing the thread for clarification; please correct my errors:

If I remember right, lmaxv & lmaxe change how the LM expansion is done
inside the spheres, so need to be larger with higher L. The CPU scales
something like a square, and they are CPU expensive.

GMAX is a plane wave expansion, so (like lapw0) would need to be larger for
small RMT such as H or odd cases. Again something like a square dependence,
although I am not sure how CPU expensive except for a surface.

The CPU time will scale something like the product of the outer k-mesh and
the inner (for which a reduced mesh can be used). Standard accuracy issue.

NBand in case.inhf is I think linear in CPU; I am not exactly sure why it
needs to be larger than the number of occupied bands (forgotten).

RKMAX is standard, with a 2-3 power dependence of CPU time.

N.B., I think there is also a dependence upon how different the straight
lapw1 & hf are, for instance the band gap in lapw1. This matters for how
large the number of states used in lapw1 has to be.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu