[Wien] how to increase the band gap with TB-MBJ or other potential

Sanjay Pachori sanjaypachori08 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:22:08 CEST 2020

Sir,
I am calculating the electronic properties of organic-inorganic hybrid
halide perovskites materials. such as FAPbI3, FAPbBr3, FAPbCl3, FASnI3,
FASnBr3, FASnCl3.

the electronic properties of Pb based materials do have successfully
completed.
but I am not able to calculate Sn-based materials with proper bandgap.
so please help me with proper guidance.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:52 AM Peter Blaha <pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
wrote:

> Depending on the compound you are investigating, a "U" may help and a
> MBJ+U calculation may give a better gap.
>
> An alternative is to use   hybrid-DFT (expensive) or maybe only GGA+U or
> GGA+onsite-hybrids.
>
> But without knowing which compound you calculate, nobody knows.
>
> On 8/20/20 5:49 AM, Sanjay Pachori wrote:
> > Dear WIEN2K Users,
> > Greetings!
> > I am using WIEN2k_19.1. I have successfully completed SCF calculations
> > with PBE-sol potential functional.
> >
> > I got a bandgap 0.880 eV but this band gap is very small in our
> > considered material. then we apply a BJ potential (Eg =1.0107 eV) and
> > then after TB-MBJ, we get a 1.196 eV bandgap. but our required bandgap
> > is about 1.41 eV. So please suggest me how to increase the bandgap.
> >
> > Kindly tell me the solution.
> > Thanks and Regards
> >
> > Sanjay Pachori

> --