[Wien] Lattice thermal conductivity

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Aug 24 09:27:15 CEST 2020

As far as I currently know, no one has implemented a lattice thermal
conductivity calculation for WIEN2k and made software for it available
in the public domain yet.

Though, it has been done with other DFT software such as VASP [1] and
Quantum Espresso (QE) [2,3] by interfacing it with software such as
phono3py [4].  Unfortunately, it likely is not implemented in phono3py
as mentioned at [5-7]. As given in [8], there is ALAMODE, PhonTS, and
ShengBTE. ShengBTE lists VASP and QE but not WIEN2k at [9]. PhonTS also
lists VASP and QE but not WIEN2k at [10].  The ALAMODE 1.0.2
documentation [11] has on page 3:

/In addition to the above requirements, users have to get and install a
first-principles package (such as VASP, Wien2k,QUANTUM-ESPRESSO, or
xTAPP) or another force field package (such as LAMMPS) by themselves in
order to compute harmonic and anharmonic force constants./

However, if you look at the latest documentation [12] (for currently
version 1.1.0) it no longer lists WIEN2k, just:

/Interface to VASP, Quantum-ESPRESSO, xTAPP, and LAMMPS codes/

[1] https://www.vasp.at/
[2] https://www.quantum-espresso.org/
[3] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2018.06.053
<https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2018.06.053>