[Wien] [EXTERNAL] Re: Bug in nn

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 14 12:13:54 CET 2020

You can call it a bug or a "feature", because we usually try to avoid
that something stupid can appear (huge output file) if a user specifies
unusual input (distances beyond a certain limit).

Anyway, in order to not "delay your research" further, I've looked into
this issue.

It has NOTHING to do with CXZ lattices, but with a limit in the number
of "neighboring shells". This is set to 100 shells and the code was
jumping out of the loop if this has been reached. This would happen in
all lattice types once 100 shells are reached, but of course in low
symmetry structures this is reached earlier.

I changed it such that it is not jumping out of the loop, but will
continue to print.

WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at/TC_Blaha