[Wien] Bandgap values in hybrid calculations.

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:54:48 CET 2020

I am not certain that your question has an answer. You may just be killing
defenseless electrons without reason.

Critical is the question of what are you trying to do:
a) Perform a good calculation to support your (or other people's)
experimental measurement?
b) Disprove some other calculation?
c) Find what parameters approximate best the experimental band gap and then
use these for something else?

Increasing both the number of bands and k-points (bands perhaps more) will
improve the convergence of the calculation. Without context it is hard to
give a definitive response.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi