[Wien] Volume optimization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 4 16:20:20 CET 2020

I'd guess you have experimental "a" lattice constants and in epitaxial
growth you want to optimize  "c"  ??? Otherwise it does not work for
hexagonal symmetry.

It is a very difficult task: You have to edit case.struct yourself and
change c, run a scf cycle and save.
Make another change and run another scf cycle.

Compare the energies and calculate yourself the optimal "c".

There is no "click + core-dump" button for a 1D optimization.