[Wien] Error in lapw1 or lapw2, frequently

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 17 16:57:27 CET 2020

The struct file you attached does not even pass the initialization. You
cannot do calculations with this struct file.

sgroup needs to regroup the equivalent atoms and you MUST accept this.

After taking the struct file from sgroup at least the first 8 iteration
ran without problems.

Please note:

I'd reduce the a,b lattic parameter (reducing the "vacuum"), but then
use RKmax=6

It is a 1D-BZ, so use TEMP(S) and not TETRA.

As mentioned before: You cannot do "volume" optimization.
You do a force minimization (-min) and the atoms within your ring will
optimize their positions on their own. After that you can (manually)
change c, repeat the force optimization and and find the optimal c.