[Wien] Ghost bands problem

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Feb 29 15:24:48 CET 2020

To add to that:

a) Sometimes, but not always, such errors can be resolved by updating to
the latest WIEN2k version and starting from a fresh directory (with only
the case.struct in it).  You didn't mention, are you using the latest
WIEN2k 19.1? If not, as the WIEN2k 19.1 updates page states, Version
19.1 is a major update.  Are you also using any or all of the WIEN2k
19.1 patches from the mailing list?  A list that I have assembled is at [1].

b) General tips for resolving a ghostbands error like the one you have
below should be in section "12.1 Ghost bands" of the WIEN2k usersguide
(starting on page 246) [2].

c)  I could be wrong, but I thought recalled calculations on structures
with Nd possibly being more challenging.  You might have a look in the
mailing list archive for past posts on Nd, such as [3] and [4].

d) For some other tips that might help with the "semicore band-ranges
too large, ghostband" error, refer to [5].

[1] https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Patches/tree/master/19.1
[2] http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf
[3]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18345.html