[Wien] Mismatch in the Fermi level between Wien2K open core calculations and VASP

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 31 08:40:47 CET 2020

You wrote in an earlier email, that you put 3 4f electrons in the core
and correspondingly reduced the number of valence electrons by 3.

This would correspond to a Pr2+ state, which is not ver common. Although
I've not studied that much these compounds, I'd put only 2 4f electrons
into the core and increase NE(val) by one. This way EF will probably be
at the desired place.

(Therefore: first do a DFT+U calculation with a fairly small U. It will
tell you, how many 4f electrons want to stay with Pr and then you can
still put them into the core.)