[Wien] Ghost band error

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 17:07:27 CEST 2020

Dear Prof. Gavin,

                      I am using  wien 2k 19.1 & surprisingly I am not
getting any error regarding core-leakage. (I have kept initial reduction of
RMT to 0%) The output is as given below.
Commandline: x lstart -up
Program input is: "13 -6.0 "

  SELECT XCPOT:
  recommended: PBE    [(13) GGA of Perdew-Burke-Ernzerhof 96]
               LDA    [( 5)]
               WC     [(11)  GGA of Wu-Cohen 2006]
               PBESOL [(19) GGA of Perdew etal. 2008]
  SELECT ENERGY to separate core and valence states:
  recommended: -6.0 Ry (check how much core charge leaks out of MT-sphere)
  ALTERNATIVELY: specify charge localization (between 0.97 and 1.0) to
select core state
STOP LSTART ENDS
1.4u 0.0s 0:01.45 100.0% 0+0k 0+11872io 0pf+0w

& during 1st iteration, it is showing the ghost band error

with regards,