[Wien] Ferrimagnetic/Ferrimognetic

Wien2k User wien2k.user at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:25:20 CEST 2020

Dear Wien2k users;

we have done an SCF calculation for a compound that contains two different
magnetic atoms, we oriented the spins of the two atoms in the same
direction  along z (ferromagnetic case) but at the end of the calculation,
we found that they are moving antiparallelally (ferrimagntism)
in this case, can we judge that the ground state of this material is
ferrimagnetic .? or else we have to redo the calculation with two different
directions  (antiparallelally) to confirm?