[Wien] mBJ calculation for semimetallic system

Rubel, Oleg rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jul 17 23:21:54 CEST 2020

Hi Fabien.

The paper (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpca.7b02882) does not mention SOC. I assume it is done without SOC? In SnTe SOC is important. It opens the gap, if I recall it correctly, which would also make sense for a topological insulator. SOC vs no-SOC could explain the difference between my results (PBE 0.24 eV and TB-mBJ 0.13 eV) and your results (0.07 and 0.15 eV, respectively).

Best regards
Oleg