[Wien] Problems with FM+U+SOC with natorb=1 nlorb=2

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 24 18:50:54 CEST 2020

Dear Prof. Marks, Prof. Blaha, dear All,

Thank you for the rapid answer! I appreciate!

I think this resolves the issue. For practical reasons I will just use
+U only for 4f levels.

I agree with Prof. Marks who has reservations regarding the GGA+U for
4f. However, for practical reasons of checking the trends of band
dispersions in ARPES it seems the only quick solution. It's great that
it is included despite all the deficiencies!

Best,
Lukasz