[Wien] Structure optimization of Beta -Sn

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Jun 3 20:47:36 CEST 2020

Your structure file seems to be not correct!

You should have only one inequivalent position and the space group is I
41/a m d.

Here is the structure:

http://som.web.cmu.edu/structures/S018-beta-Sn.html

Le 03/06/2020 à 20:40, shamik chakrabarti a écrit :
> Dear Dr. Tran,
>
>                   I have used both plain GGA & nlvdw independently &
> in both cases the results are same. I have used Rmr*Kmax=9 for nlvdw &
> 7 for GGA. Do you think moving to larger Rmt*Kmax may solve the
> problem? I am currently going through the literature you have sent..
>
> with regards,
>
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 23:53, Tran, Fabien <fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
> <mailto:fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>
>     At first sight you struct file seems ok, but this is difficult to
>     help you without more details. For instance: Which functional have
>     you used? Are you keeping the c/a ratio fixed? Have you looked
>     into the literature:
>
>     https://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.4948434

>     *Subject:* [Wien] Structure optimization of Beta -Sn
>     Dear wien2k users,
>
>                                      I am trying to optimize the
>     structure of Beta - Sn. However, even after 20% increment of the
>     volume there is no sign of energy minima. I am attaching the
>     struct file herewith this mail for your consideration.
>
>     Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
>     with regards,
>
>     --
>     Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
>     Research Fellow
>     Department of Physics
>     Indian Institute of Technology Patna
>     Bihta-801103
>     Patna
>     Bihar, India
>

> --
> Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
> Research Fellow
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology Patna
> Bihta-801103
> Patna
> Bihar, India

Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR)
Univ Rennes - CNRS - UMR6226, France
https://iscr.univ-rennes1.fr/cti/people/permanent-staff/rocquefelte-xavier
ICAMM2019 : VASP Workshop and International Materials Modelling Conf
June 26-July 3 2019, Rennes France
icamm2019.sciencesconf.org  : Registration opening soon, see you there!