[Wien] Structure optimization of Beta -Sn

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Jun 4 11:25:29 CEST 2020

This last input file leads to a correct structure.

Best regards

Xavier

Le 04/06/2020 à 11:11, shamik chakrabarti a écrit :
> Dear Xavier Sir,
>
>                   With the modified cif file & origin choice one, I
> get the structure as attached herewith this mail. Kindly let me know
> if it is the structure you are asking for. I am using wien2k 19.1.
>
> with regards
>
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 at 13:30, Tran, Fabien <fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
> <mailto:fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>
>     With your modified cif file, I obtain at the end of init_lapw a
>     struct file which has two atoms per cell. Since there is no atoms
>     at the corners, it is visually not 100% clear that it is the
>     correct beta-Sn, but I guess it is (?).
>
>     I am wondering where the problem with original cif file comes
>     from. From cif2struct or a non-conventional format of the cif
>     file? Maybe Peter knows.

>     From: Wien <wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at

Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR)
Univ Rennes - CNRS - UMR6226, France
https://iscr.univ-rennes1.fr/cti/people/permanent-staff/rocquefelte-xavier
ICAMM2019 : VASP Workshop and International Materials Modelling Conf
June 26-July 3 2019, Rennes France
icamm2019.sciencesconf.org  : Registration opening soon, see you there!