[Wien] Structure optimization of Beta -Sn

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 4 21:49:19 CEST 2020

As far as I know, cif2struct supports only the official names of the 230
space groups as listed eg. at the Bilbao cryst. server, but not the
(older ??)  _space_group_name_H-M_alt    convention.

For SG # 141 only I41/amd  is supported.

Only for low symmetry SGs with different setting, more than one name is
supported, eg.
              50, 8,3,'Pban    ','-P-2zab;-2xb                  ', &
              50, 8,3,'Pncb    ','-P-2xbc;-2yc                  ', &
              50, 8,3,'Pcna    ','-P-2yca;-2za                  '/

As far as I know, for parsing the cif files official subroutines from
IUCR were used, but maybe they have been updated by now or only a subset
was used or this cif file does not obey the standard.